Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



A child with an addiction is a challenge; even for a competent, corporate leader ~ Ralph Kramden
Posted by:Sally--Monday, October 11, 2010

Here is a quote that 'Ralph Kramden' asked me to post on the PSST blog.

Yesterday on "Undercover Boss",
Mike White, President & CEO of DirecTV said it. (CBS 9PM, 10/10/2010)


"Trying to cope with a child who has a drug problem, I would say, is the biggest challenge I have had as a parent." ~ Mike White, President & CEO, DirecTV.


If a CEO of a major corporation, who is managing thousands of people, and
watching out over billions of dollars in corporate revenue, thinks that his
son's drug addiction is the biggest challenge, that really says a lot.

Mr. White talked briefly on the show,about his son's drug addiction at age 17
and how it has affected Mr. White's life.

It is a challenge for every parent with an addicted child, and Mr. White, who is skilled at facing large business challenges in the corporate world, reaffirms it.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Thank you, Ralph, for finding this quote and for your comments on it. I agree that having a child who is an addict is the biggest challenge Rocco and I have faced in raising our family. I think most, if not all, PSST parents would say so.

I am also discovering that drug abuse is prevalent in so many homes. I hope more parents seek out help.

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.