Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



I would like to share a positive experience- Written by Mary. - PSST
Posted by:Lloyd Woodward--Thursday, November 15, 2012

Here's where graphic came from
Originally Posted -- Thursday, April 12, 2007

Everyday I remember to tell my son how proud of him I am. Whether I say this in person or send him a text message, I do this every single day!! He thanks me and responds with "I am not going to use anything today".

I thank him in return.

It is easy to forget the struggle our kids deal with while in recovery. Recovery from heroin is no simple task. It takes determination and courage to fight this horrible disease. My son has manipulated me in the past- plenty of times. Today, he is working a strong program. So, I thought I would share a simple but powerful exchange of words that my son & I share. It works for US!!!!

1 comment:

Lloyd Woodward said...

Yes, we put so much effort into confrontation and accountability that we sometimes forget how powerful and fun positive reinforcement can be.

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.