Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



A Poem Dedicated to All Mothers Who Have Lost or Wayward Children - Discovered by Cheryl, A PSST Mom
Posted by:Sally--Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Mother of the Prodigal Son




This poem is dedicated to all the mothers who have lost and wayward children.

Don't loose your faith in God who can bring them back to the fold.



Where is the mother of the prodigal son
On that day so long ago?
What were her thoughts
And what were her fears
As she watched him turn to go?

How many times in the dark of night
Did the tears slide down her face?
Did she get out of bed
And fall on her knees,
Just to pray that her boy was safe?

How were the days when she did not know
Was he alive? Was he warm? Was he well?
Who were his friends?
And where did he sleep?
Was there anyone there she could tell?

But, oh, on that day when she looked down the road
As she had looked since her son went away,
Did love unspeakable flood her soul?
Did she cry?
What did she say?

I think when the father had welcomed their son
And the boy had greeted his brother,
That the servants made a path
For him to enter the door
And the waiting arms of his mother.





Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray,
and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
- Psalm 55:17



I hope and pray this brought comfort to those of you that have children that are away from God. Do you know someone that could use this encouragement? Please pass this along to them. God Bless you.

Love, Chris [AKA Momof9]


3 comments:

Lloyd Woodward said...

I loved the poem. Powerful. Thanks for sharing.

My computer doesn't show any of the images and I didn't know if was just my computer or if other readers have the same problem? I went to

Wilma said...

Cheryl,
This is a wonderful poem thank you for sending it.
Wilma

P.s. I can't see the pictures either.

Lloyd Woodward said...

...momof9splace.com and I couldn't see any images there either. Maybe it's the settings on my computer- just wondering if anyone else is having problems with that.

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.