Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Incarceration vs Graduation
Posted by:Jenn--Saturday, June 01, 2013



Lenny’s Incarceration 5 Days Before Graduation – by Roxie

An Ode to Lighten My Load

On Friday, the high-school bell rang for Seniors’ early dismissal.

Lenny leaped out of the school quick as a referee’s whistle.

He noticed a car full of homeboys and friends,

and his outlandish behavior suddenly came back again.

He shoved half his body in the moving car window

to yell profanities at teachers with full senior gusto.

While performing like a contortionist with no backbone at the car door,

An alert policeman eyed him up and said, “Stop. No more!”.

He called me at work to say that Lenny would be cited.

“Do what you want,” I said. “This time, I will not fight it.”

I drove Lenny to Shuman because he wanted to disobey.

There is a Memorial Monday for Roxie, but it is not the holiday.

I hope he walks on Friday with a diploma in his hand;

instead of the school being disappointed enough to make him officially banned.

Lenny’s future lies under Roxie’s wing and a prayer,

so please keep us in your thoughts so Friday, he’ll be there.

No comments:

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.