Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Thank You from Justin
Posted by:Jenn--Sunday, December 16, 2012

First and foremost I want to thank all of those in attendance at PSST on Saturday, December 15th for the Big Announcement. It was so nice to see such a wonderful turnout and the support is incredible.
 
As you probably know by now, I have accepted a job with Allegheny County Juvenile Probation and will be starting on January 14th, effectively ending my time at Wesley Spectrum Services on January 11th. While it is sad to step away from a job that I am very passionate about, I am stepping into a job that I am even more passionate about. It is a wonderful opportunity for me to take all of the wonderful skills I have learned and apply them in a different facet.
 
For those of you who attended the meeting, know that I was speechless after everyone's comments and could only mutter the words "thank you." The truth is, I was extremely humbled by all of the kind words and show of support that I was rather choked up. Over the last 2 years I have learned so much from not only Lloyd and Kathie (Val and Jerry, too!) but all of the parents as well. You have allowed me to see you in vulnerable times and have accepted advice with open arms, which I know is very difficult at times. I'm very impressed also with how each of you has grown, many by leaps and bounds. I'm thankful for how embraced I felt from the beginning and the compassion shown towards new parents to the group. PSST has been a wonderful experience for me and I have every notion of attending from time to time in the future. I will also spread the word to the families I work with because I have seen such positive effects on all of you that attend.
 
I'm truly grateful for the guidance of Lloyd and Kathie in particular; I could not have grown in the ways I have without the support from them and Val. I'm looking forward to this new chapter in my career and will not forget any of you. Again, thank you for all of your continued effort to become empowered and save your children's lives! Without all of your dedication to each other and your kids, as professionals we would likely not have the same level of joy with our jobs as we do. As parents we all have been given a gift and sometimes it is up to us to keep that gift safe; never feel bad about doing everything in your power to ensure that happens!

Thank you so much for everything that you all have said and given!

Thank you also for allowing my wife and daughter to share in the last half of the meeting!


God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Justin Innocent

4 comments:

Wilma said...

Justin,

Congratulations on your new job!!!
I was unable to attend the meeting and would like to add my "THANK YOU" to you also. I have always felt so fortunate to have you working with our family especially with Bam. Even though he wasn't always compliant I think he had a special rapport with you that he didn't have with other therapists that had worked with him in the past.

Best of luck to you!!

Wilma

Rocco said...

Congratulations Justin and may God bless you for the help you've provided to our children and for the profession that you have chosen. Stay safe and come back to see us.

Thank you for all you have added to PSST.

Rocco

Anonymous said...

Justin, I wanted to thank you again for all the support you have given Erica and me during these past several months. You have been there so often to talk to Pebbles while she sat in Shuman waiting to get "sprung" and sent to Andromeda House. I appreciate more than words can say how much your visits with her along with taking me with you helped her get through those months at the RTF when she was so far from home and family. Driving all that way these last couple of weeks only to pick her up and drive more to get her to a NA meeting helped her cope with her struggle within to get high or mentally relapse. Being able to go along was comforting to me that I was at least doing something to support her in some way. Plus getting the time to use the skills I learned at the PSST meetnngs. And having someone to share the ear beatings she gave after the caffeine from a cup of coffee would kick in and she would share EVERYTHING that came to her mind on the way back to the RTF after the meetings. They were long road trips but definitely worth it. You will make a great probation officer and a valuable asset to the kids who cross your path. God Bless. Betty

Anonymous said...

Justin,

I forgot to tell you I think you will make an excellent probation officer!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Wilma

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.