Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Stop to Enjoy Today! - submitted by Daisy
Posted by:Jenn--Thursday, December 20, 2012

A thought for the day from Daisy, especially appropriate during this holiday season . . . Many of us worry about tomorrow so much that we sometimes forget to enjoy today!

"I have a stairway in my house, and every time I look too far ahead when I walk up or down the steps, I stumble and fall. I don’t have any problem when I pay attention to the step I’m on or the one that is just ahead. It’s the same for our lives. Looking too far ahead can cause us to stumble and fall."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true! Thanks for reminding us, Daisy. I'll send this out via our Yahoo group so everyone can see it.

PS: We are having a virtual PSST meeting over the next two weeks. Anyone who hasn't signed up can join our group here: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ParentSurvivalSkillsTraining/.
Anyone who is having trouble getting started, leave a comment and I will walk you through it.)

Brigitte

Wilma said...

Daisy,

Thanks for this reminder. I find myself not wanting to be in the reality that I am in right now especially during the holiday season where it is so difficult to pretend to be happy. I find myself not thinking so much about the actual future but the future I thought our family would have had. I guess it's crazy but for today that is where I am at.
Thanks again.
Wilma

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.