Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



A Mom's Insight into Missing Memories - Part 3 - I can't remember much...
Posted by:Rocco--Thursday, April 08, 2010


PART 3


Here is the next part of a mom’s missing memories. Lori shared this in 2008. Her story touches all families of teenage addicts.

Losing a Teenager and Gaining an Adult - by Lori

"He had to let go of his teen years. His drug addiction didn’t allow him to be a teenager and he had to accept that he could not recapture those teen years. They were gone forever...

...I once asked my son about the years he spent doing drugs and if he considered writing down some of his memories so that others could understand. He said that he couldn’t, because he can’t remember much. And after a few days of thinking about this comment, I began to realize how sad this statement is, so very sad. His teen years, that should have been some of the best of his life, can be capsulated in the simple statement, “I can’t remember much.” …"

To continue with Lori's story, use the link below or click on the title of this post above:

Losing a Teenager and Gaining an Adult - Part 3 of 6 - by Lori

Each week I will post the next entry or you can link to them through the PSST blog.

Thank you Lori - This helps us understand and cope. We are just now going through this realization ourselves at this time.

Rocco

No comments:

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.