Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



A PSST Mom Works On Acceptance ~ By Wilma
Posted by:Sally--Thursday, February 10, 2011

"We must be willing to leave behind the life we had envisioned for our child in order to save their life as it is."

I love this quote from the blog. We are living this right now.

Even though I know my son isn’t going to be living the life we had hoped for him I am still having a hard time accepting it.

When I see kids he goes to school with, and used to be friends with, and they are all doing the stuff a typical Junior in high school would be doing, and having fun, I ache that mine chose to get high every day, jeopardize his future by not going to school, shoplifting,etc,etc.

I’ve seen pictures on Facebook with these happy kids doing fun stuff and am sad for all of us and jealous at the same time.


Our house has basically been a prison since Christmas Eve when "Bam Bam" came home from the hospital. But last Friday we let “Bam Bam” go out with a couple of his borderline friends. (I don’t think he has any now, that he hasn’t gotten high with).

Then Sunday we were letting him watch the superbowl at a friend’s house. When I went to check; they weren’t there. The friend’s sister called her brother to see where he was and, even though she didn’t mention I was there, I think that tipped them off. Within minutes of me heading to the other location "Bam Bam" called me to say he was heading home and had been out riding around. (I Didn’t believe it but couldn’t prove otherwise.)

We let them watch the game at our house. I was tempted to drug test him even though he didn’t appear to have used but I’ve missed that before. I knew he would be tested at his evening drug rehab.

Anyway, thanks for the wonderful quotes and great information on the website/blog.

*Wilma*

1 comment:

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.