Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



A First-Time PSST Parent's Perspective
Posted by:Sally--Sunday, May 16, 2010

Here is a comment I received shortly after yesterday's PSST meeting. It is from a newcomer and I am printing it with her permission: I truly enjoyed the meeting this morning and got a lot out of it. I'd like to share a quote from a book I'm reading. It's titled Crazy: A Father's Search Through America's Mental Health Madness, and written by Pete Earley. The book is a true story about this man's journey with how our nation's justice system is dealing with mental illness. [The jails and prisons are now our new asylums.] His son was arrested for a crime that was committed during a schizophrenic episode.

Anyway.......

"What you discover is that if you really want to help someone, then you have to be willing to have them hate you. That is a really hard thing for most parents to accept, but if you aren't willing to take that step, then you will never be able to help them."

Thanks for the hug. Every one I receive gives me a bit more strength.

Blessings,
A First-Time PSST Parent

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which is stronger -hatred or death? I asked myself this question once and answered it only once. My son may not like me a whole bunch but he is alive and clean today. For that I am grateful. Hopefully the rest will come later...Welcome to the new PSST parent and stay strong and focused! Debby

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.