Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Laughter - It's Good For Us ~ Contributed by Joan
Posted by:Sally--Monday, October 03, 2011

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed.
--Sebastien R. N. Chamfort

When we first started going to Twelve Step meetings we were often stunned to hear so much laughter. But we soon learned that a good hearty laugh or a joyful smile is as important to our recovery as all the serious issues we explore.

Learning to laugh is part of our growth. It recognizes our shared experiences and helps us feel closer to one another. It also reminds us we are able to smile again, and that a better perspective on life is returning.

We only have today to live, and we are getting better today, so why not smile and enjoy it? Why not open ourselves up to a good laugh and let it push our pain or sorrow out? Now that we are once again choosing how we feel, we have the power to opt for joy.

Today I am grateful for my ability to laugh and share laughter and fun.

2 comments:

Lloyd Woodward said...

Teen: Dad, can I have 25 bucks to go golfing with Fred and his family.

Dad: You know what?

Teen: What?

Dad: You are hilarious. And I mean that you are funny in the best way.

Teen: what do you mean?

Dad: The way you put your business face on and came in here with balls as big as elephants, and I know you hate golfing, but you delivered that request as smooth as if you were applying to some bank for start-up funds to open a chain of 7-11s!

Teen: What are you talking about?

Dad: I just like your panache.

Teen: What's panache?

Dad: Its' what you got son. You're really funny- but in a good way- oh believe me someday you going to make a killing if decide to go into business!

Teen: Oh OK Dad, but I can have the 25 bucks then?

Dad: Oh no no no certainly not, but Son, I love to see ya ask and believe it or not, I almost would give you the money just because you asked me with such a convincing straight face.

Teen: [Laughing a little], OK OK I know 25 bucks was a lot of money. How bout ten for the movies?

Dad: Oh I get it! The first attempt was just to soften me up so that your second request would sound like a bargain, is that it?

Teen: Maybe

Dad: You're a genius. Seriously, that was absolute genius.

Teen: So?

Dad: Not tonight, but if I were you I'd try that same EXACT approach with your mother. I bet she might goe for it.

Teen: You're an a$$h*le sometimes Dad.

Dad: And you are incorrigible, but brilliantly incorrigible.

Teen: What's incorrigible?

Dad: Don't worry about it. You're a very funny, brilliant guy.

Teen: "Nevertheless" the bank is closed, right?

Dad: Oh you can read me like a book- and sometimes you can play me like a fiddle, but not tonight. (SMILE)

Humor is already in your home- just look for it and you will find it. It won't weaken your hand, it will strengthen it.

“The guy who decides what is funny might be the most powerful person in the room. Unless someone else has a gun.” The Unknown Comedian.

Cheryl, Jim, Andy + 3 Stooges said...

:^) I am always telling Jim, Andy and our 3 Stooges that "EVERYONE HAS A GUN - BUT ME!" Thanks for the giggle to start another day at the office.

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.