Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Lean on Me, When Your Not Strong........
Posted by:Sally--Thursday, September 02, 2010

I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on........ I always liked that song of the 70's. Bill Wither's only had a few hits but he could carry a tune and I always related to the lyrics of his song titled "Lean On Me". I've been doing a lot of that lately since Cisco relapsed.

Rocco has been my stronghold. He has a way of staying even tempered and seeing the brighter side of any situation. He even made me laugh today which is something I am simply not in the mood for.

Then there are my dear PSST friends. They are mom's who have been there and have felt and dealt with the feelings that arise in similar situations.

As much as I know in my head that my son needs help and has to be away from the persons, places and things that are triggers; I yearn for normalcy. I see the young college and high school students laughing and talking together and I wish I could cut and paste my Cisco into that picture. Into a normal life without addiction. I cannot.

So I lean on my friends. I have read their emails over and over again. Their words of faith, wisdom and understanding strengthen me. Together we will keep on keeping on.

....I just might have a problem that you'll understand. We all need somebody to lean on.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sally,
My heart goes out to you and Rocco. You have fought the battle to keep your Cisco alive and clean and maybe now it is time for Cisco to take the lead. All through this process you have been there for him and I hope he knows that you will always Love and Support him. It is time for Cisco to walk the walk! Keep us updated on his progress and know that your friends at PSST are here for you night & day!

Lloyd Woodward said...

You are an inspiration to all of us especially because this is such a heart-breaker. Others know that if you and Rocco can get through this OK, then there is hope for us all. Thanks for coming to the meeting yesterday and sharing your strength, even when you really didn't feel like coming in.

Sally said...

I said to Rocco, "I do not feel like going. What can I say about Cisco's relapse?

Rocco replied, "You don't have to say anything, just put one foot in front of the other and get to the meeting."

I am thankful that we showed up. The outpouring of support that we received is exactly what we needed. We listened intently to everyone’s story and extracted strength from the hard-earned knowledge of the others.

PSST is PoSSiTive.

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.