Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Message Found on Cisco's Facebook
Posted by:Sally--Sunday, March 11, 2012

A MESSAGE FROM CISCO

I asked our son Cisco's permission to post this message that he has on his Face Book account.

There were many times when I felt so hopeless while my son was in a deep addiction. I write this to give hope to any who are struggling. If you have been following Cisco's story on this blog you are aware of what we have been through over the last five years.

Cisco is working a good recovery program and attends about five meetings a week. He has a steady job and a calmer and happier disposition. He is saving his money instead of squandering it on drugs. Keep fighting the good fight. And I will keep hoping and praying that good fortune comes to your home also.


Cisco's Message posted on Facebook: Monday, January 30, 2012 at 12:29am: ·

What drugs did for me was at first make me laugh make me feel calm and make me feel cool.

At the end drugs got me arrested, locked up, sent to over 20 rehabs, in shackles, hallucinating, thinking i was possessed, putting my hands on my family and one girlfriend, stealing off of work and everyone else, 2 near death intentional overdoses, cutting myself, breaking everything, dropping out of school, suspended and expelled, on house arrest, probation for 3 years, selling heroin to get more, homeless, sleeping in a car some nights, ANGER AND DEPRESSION, paranoid schizophrenia, suicidal thoughts and actions, loss of good friends, many funerals, no money, guns in my face, my mother calling me a crackhead, spending 3 birthdays in institutions, retail thefts, D.U.I. and a hit and run, aggravated assault, possession with intent to sell etc. , psych wards, crawling on the floor looking for crack, spending holidays locked up, hate in me, but most of all..realizing drugs will never let me be normal.

Staying clean (priceless)


2 comments:

Jenn said...

Congratulations on your progress, Cisco! And thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us. It gives some hope to those of us parents who are still struggling thru the addiction cycle with our teens.

Jenn

Lloyd Woodward said...

Thanks for sharing. Moving, powerful, and inspirational. How nice that sometimes fb has good news!

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.