Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Only Time Will Tell by Sally - A PSST Mom
Posted by:Sally--Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cisco left his placement facility after our visit last Thursday. In retrospect he now says he knew as soon as he walked down the porch steps that it was a mistake.

Rocco is sitting beside me right now tapping away on his laptop to tell you the whole story. I will just say that I am relieved that we forced Cisco out of hiding and that he returned home.
Did he learn anything? Only time will tell.

Only time will tell if Cisco did get it. I mean 'get' the recovery thing.
(We will never know all of what he got while he was out on his own for three nights.)


Cisco was sent to Shuman. Rocco and I had a good visit with him yesterday.
We conversed for the complete hour, played a hand of crazy eights with him and the time flew by quickly.

He tried to get me into a trap or two but I dodged them. Twice he
casually said that he should not have taken the heroin - it is everywhere on
the corners of Manchester. I just nodded my head in agreement and let him
continue talking. Could we discover if he did heroin or was he just
trying to get me to panic? I would not panic because it does not help the situation. I really doubt that he was even in Manchester.
I am now a seasoned mother of an addict. Nothing phases me. And I know that addicts lie.

My new strengths that I will work on will be to always keep it in my head
that he is a liar. First of all to protect my sanity and second of all to
ensure that he has a consequence for not telling the truth.
I will also keep in mind that he is oppositional...that will hopefully keep
me from giving him directives on how to live. It is time to stop telling him how to live since he very rarely takes my advice. I should have learned that sooner. Some of these lessons take a long time to learn. At least for me.

Above all that I still love him. I love him very much and always will. We had a good visit and I do believe he is meant to have a functional and prosperous life...only time will tell.

No comments:

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.