Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



A Mom's Insight into Missing Memories - Part 4 - The Road to Recovery Can Be Brutal
Posted by:Rocco--Friday, April 16, 2010


PART 4


Following is the next part of a mom’s missing memories. Lori shared her story this in 2008. It touches all families with teenage addicts.

Losing a Teenager and Gaining an Adult - by Lori

"...There have been many times when I did not understand the actions of my son’s counselors when he was in placement. I felt the need to intervene. Surely these people don't know what they are doing! However, I always stopped myself and asked the question, “Whatever I did, did it ever work?” Regardless of how much I want to believe that I really did know what was best for my son, the answer to this question was always a resonating, “No!”

Since he started his drug use at the age of 13 until he was forced into placement by the courts at 17; what I was doing WAS NOT working. In fact, it helped the addiction process to continue...”

To continue with Lori's story, use the link below or click on the title of this post above:

Losing a Teenager and Gaining an Adult - Part 4 of 6 - by Lori

Each week I will post the next entry or you can link to them through the PSST blog.

Thank you Lori - This helps us understand and cope. We are just now going through this realization ourselves at this time.

Rocco

No comments:

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.