Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Parent Improvement written by 17 year-old recent grad of Outside In
Posted by:Lloyd Woodward--Saturday, November 05, 2011

Page One

I want to share this well-written essay with all of you. This young man at first declined to write this essay pointing out to me that he really just needed to focus on himself, not on anybody else. I ask to consider doing it as a favor to me and then he was happy to do it. I think he put some real thought into this assignment, which was "What advice to you have for parents who are struggling with teenagers who have a drug problem."

I think it is better to read this in his own handwriting, so I am putting four links in this post, one to each page of this young man's essay. By the way, I did not discuss with him what he would write. This is all his own thinking and put in his own words.









1 comment:

Wilma said...

Thank you for sharing this and please thank the young man who wrote it.
I want Bam Bam to read this. On page three he writes that cutting ties to using friends is very important to recovery. My son absolutely will not do this and I can't stop him. We tried to forbid him to hang out with certain kids but unless I have him attached to me I found that I couldn't control who he hangs out with. I caution him and tell him my fears and concerns and hope for the best. I've kind of come to terms with it but I still am afraid for the call that something terrible has happened.

Wilma

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.