Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Bridging the Communication Gap with your Teen
Posted by:Jenn--Saturday, March 22, 2014

Thanks to Mary Canary for sharing this article about talking with your teenager.


Psychologist and author Dr. James Dobson tells parents that the teenage years can be filled with uncomfortable silences. He writes, “the same kid who used to talk a mile a minute and ask a million questions has now reduced his vocabulary to nine monosyllabic phrases- "I dunno," "Maybe," "I forget," "Huh?" "No!" "Nope," "Yeah," "Who--me?" and "He did it." Giving teens non-threatening opportunities to talk is the key to conversation.

Read the rest of this article by clicking here.


No comments:

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.