Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Let's Sing About Losing Friends Who Still Get High ~ by Jessica
Posted by:Sally--Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Let's Sing About Losing Friends Who Still Get High ~ by Jessica

We are planning Herman's return from placement, and the need to change people, places and things is very important, Just today one of his best "friends" asked one of his siblings when he will be coming home. It seems like he is still pining for Herman after all this time, He still must not realize that he can no longer be in Herman's life. I was hoping that this old friend could find somebody new to get high with, and leave Herman alone !! ;-)

I was in the car, when the song "Someone Like You" by Adele came on. I am not sure if you heard it, but it's about breaking up, moving on.... AND FINDING SOMEONE NEW.


Click Here to go to a YouTube of " Someone Like You" by Adele

Well, my answer to life's dilemmas is to write a song about it, So here goes my remake (parody) of Someone Like You. I wrote it from the using friend's perspective to my son who is starting his recovery.

Someone Like You

I heard that you've settled down
That you found recovery and your clean now
I heard that your pee's clean too
Guess rehab gave you things, I couldn't give to you

Old friend, why don't you get high ?
Ain't like you to hold back, you partying guy

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it

I had hoped you'd see my face
and that you'd be reminded that for me,it isn't over

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but some "fun" for you, too...

Don't forget me I beg
I remember you said, sometimes you have to change your places, things and friends
Sometimes you have to change your places, things and friends.

You know how the time flies
Only yesterday getting high was our lives

We were daily baked in a "Grade A" haze
Bound by the surprise, of your placement days.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it

I had hoped you'd see my face
and that you'd be reminded that for me , it isn't over

Never mind I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but that you'd get high too

Don't forget me I beg
I remember you said, "my home contract doesn't list you as my friend"
Your home contract doesn't list me as your friend.

You say nothing compares, no worries or cares
Regrets and mistakes, they're amends to make

Who could have known how bittersweet your recovery would taste to me

Never mind, I'll find someone like you.

The End

4 comments:

Sally said...

Hi Jessica,

YOU have quite a talent for making parodies. I think you are better than the Parody King - Al Yankovic.
I opened the song by Adele in another window and then read your lyrics.

Let us practice and we can sing this number together at the next PSST meeting! Hope to see you there.

Sally

Wilma said...

Jessica,
This is one of my FAVORITE songs and I love your rendition. I hope everyday Bam Bam's friends will fade away Bam would find some new ones.

Hope to see you soon!

Wilma

Jessica said...

I hope to share my compilation of parodies to Herman one day, when he can appreciate them. If not I have the groundwork laid for a great storyline for the first PSST musical. Thank you for your compliments

Anonymous said...

Very clever. Thanks for sharing your song-writing talents and humor with us!

Hoping all goes well with Herman's return. Best of luck to your family. We're all pulling for you guys!

Brigitte

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.