Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Words of Encouragement - by Daisy
Posted by:Jenn--Sunday, March 31, 2013


I don't normally post things but I just wanted to maybe offer a little encouragement to anyone struggling with not being sure what to do to help their child. 

Three years ago I attended my first PSST meeting.  I listened to the parents of kids who got involved in the juvenile court system on their own and also to parents who pressed charges against their kids in an effort to get them help.  I remember thinking I could never be the one to press charges against my son--I loved him far too much to do that.   

After several months of the downward spiral my son was on, I decided pressing charges and getting the help of the courts was my only hope--I loved him too much to do nothing.  

After three placements and a lot of tears and a lot of prayers, we are in a good place today.  Peace has replaced all the chaos in our home and I am enjoying every minute of it.  

I am sharing this conversation with my son yesterday to reassure every parent that deep down our kids appreciate the help we are trying to give them. 

My son:  Mom, you are really a great parent, I  couldn't ask for a better mother than you.

Me:   Thanks.  Why  do you say that?  

My son:   Because after everything I had done and how much I hurt you, you still loved me enough to help me. 
 
Daisy

No comments:

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.