Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



DOING NOTHING IS NOT A SOLUTION - A note from Daisy, a PSST Mom
Posted by:Rocco--Wednesday, September 14, 2011

DOING NOTHING IS NOT A SOLUTION - A note from Daisy, a PSST Mom

I just wanted to share something that was said to me this morning.

There was a 20 year old boy in my neighborhood that was shot in the head in his own living room and killed the night before last. The boy has been involved with drugs for several years.

My brother-in-law called and said, “I just wanted to tell you that (the boy being killed) is the fruit of doing nothing.


I am not suggesting that his parents did not love him because I know his mother and I know how much she loved him; but she did not have the tools to do what needed to be done.

This just reconfirmed to me that we have no choice but to do everything we possibly can to save our kids as hard as it is and as much as it hurts us.

Once again I just want to say that I am so thankful for all of the support we get from PSST parents and Probation and Wesley Spectrum.

I, for one, know I could not be able to do it without their help and/or without my faith. So thanks again, Val, Lloyd, and Kathie T.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Thanks so much for your note Daisy and all that you have done for us at PSST, in your participation, in sharing your faith and as an example of how a single mom can alter the cycle of addiction.

For anyone reading this that has a teenager abusing drugs/alcohol and not sure of what to do; Please come to our next PSST Meeting. This is a potentially deadly game they are playing and doing nothing is NOT a solution.

"...as hard as it is and as much as it hurts us" it is what we do for our children and our families.


1 comment:

Rocco said...

Thanks again Daisy, Please let me add that there is a recovery meeting saying “Addiction will end in either Recovery, Jail, Institutionalization or Death.”

At a recent family meeting the leader correctly pointed out that that saying can simply be shortened to “Addiction will end in either Recovery or Death.”

ADDICTION KILLS (whether from a heart condition, high blood pressure, liver trouble, bleeding ulcer, suicide, overdose, car accident, bar fight or a drug deal gone bad) IF THE ADDICT CONTINUES TO USE.

If you cannot make it to PSST try Families Anonymous, Nara-non, Bridge to Hope or Al-anon

Get Help

Rocco

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.