Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



CAN WE TALK?
Posted by:Sally--Saturday, March 05, 2011

SALLY IS ANXIOUS TO HEAR FROM YOU...


Dear Reader,

If you are a parent, or care giver, of a troubled teenager or a teenager exhibiting addictive behavior and you would like to share your story, express your concerns, discuss what has worked or not worked for you and your child, recommend a book or a website, or just need to vent:

Please write to me at sallyservives@gmail.com

If you lose my e-mail address it is posted near the top right of the PSST Blog.

All names and e-mail addresses are strictly confidential and are not shared with anyone or forwarded.

Feel free to suggest a pen name or we can assign one.

I have found, in the last year and a half, that writing about my family's travels down the road to recovery has helped me to express my concerns and feelings. I found it a wonderful way to clear my head and get back to sleep late at night.

And the thoughtful responses that I have received from other parents has reassured me and comforted me through our sometimes perplexing journey.

I know that your story will likewise touch and will help many other parents like us.

Sincerely yours,

Sally

2 comments:

Rocco said...

Thanks to Sally for the work she puts into this (I have not missed a dinner yet, but I have done the dishes while she works on the blog a couple of times). We really appreciate the people who have shared their stories with us. It is always good to know that we are not on this journey, with all of it's twists and turns, alone. We have learned a lot from others and we are glad to hear that we have touched a few of you with our story. Please keep writing to us. Also if you ever have trouble leaving a comment - forward it to sallyservives@gmail.com and we will post it for you. Thanks, Rocco

Wilma said...

As a fairly new member to PSST I want to thank both of you for all of your hard work on the blog and sharing you story on the blog. It is inspiring knowing what you have gone through are still going through and you have your sense of humor and compassion.
Thank you so much and you both rock! PSST has many rock stars!!

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.