Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



"It's not about the cigarettes, it's about the principal of the thing." Daisy
Posted by:Lloyd Woodward--Saturday, January 08, 2011

The following is from Daisy, a PSST Mom.

 
"My son always pressures me to buy him cigarettes. I refuse each time. He keeps telling me that he isn't going to quit smoking no matter what we all do and cigarettes aren't really drugs so I should buy them for him. Sometimes I feel weak and I almost give in but I remind myself that I worked really hard to be the Adult-in-charge. It's not about the cigarettes. It's about the principal of the thing. If I help him break the rules of the inpatient drug treatment program (and the law actually- since he is not 18) then he will know that I'm the same old mom and it would give him all the power back."


Here's Pennsylvania's smoking law:

"§ 6305. Sale of tobacco.

(a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of a summary offense if he:

1. sells tobacco, in any form, to any minor under the age of 18 years; 2. by purchase, gift or other means, furnishes tobacco, in any form, to a minor under the age of 18 years; or 3. knowingly and falsely represents himself to be 18 years of age or older to another for the purpose of procuring or having furnished to him tobacco in any form.

(b) Penalty.--A person who violates this section shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay a fine of not less than $25 for a first offense and not less than $100 for a subsequent offense.

Retrieved from "http://www.youthrights.net/index.php?title=Pennsylvania_Smoking_Age"

No comments:

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.