Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Role-plays from 2-7-09 PSST Part-Two. (I'm not that into bringing guys home to meet my mother!)
Posted by:Lloyd Woodward--Tuesday, February 17, 2009

As I mentioned in Part-One. The role-plays we did in group were designed to heighten awareness. Therefore, when I played each teenager I was not trying to say what I thought they might say. I was trying to say what I thought the Teen would say if he were being brutally honest. The next one is an 18 year-old teen.


Daughter: Mom, I'm so happy to be living back home.

Mom: I missed you. It's great to have you back.

Daughter: Oh you are the coolest Mom!



Daughter: And I'm so glad you didn't try some power-trip on me because I replapsed. You understand that relapse is part of recovery. I learned my lesson.

Mom: Well I hope so.

Daughter: Yeah, and you know, I'm glad you just gave me back my cell phone without a hassel- you know I need it- thanks Mom.

Mom: Well, we're going to talk about that...

Daughter: No, trust me - I like it that we don't have to have some "big talk." You trust me. You know I know how to handle myself and all. I'm really glad you kept my PO out of it. He doesn't understand like you do. All he knows is stuff he read in books, but you understand better what I'm going through.

Mom: He helped us a lot.

Daughter: Oh yeah, I needed his help once before, but not now. Like, I'm so happy you didn't sit me down and make me agree to some stupid contract- that's what I thought you would do- and really Mom, what's the point? I'm either going to get it right this time or I'm not, but no stupid contract that our PO comes up with is going to make a difference. And I'd have told you that I was going to follow a stupid contract, but really, I probably would have been lying.

Mom: We are going to have a contract, I meant to tell you that.

Daughter: What? Oh sure, like I'm going to follow some dumb contract! I'm almost 19. I'm not doing that.

Mom: Well you have to.

Daughter: How you figure?

Mom: I expect you to follow a contract if you're going to live here.

Daughter: Like what would be in it that I'm not doing now?

Mom: For one thing I don't want you going out with anybody I haven't met.

Daughter: You want to meet my new friend? He's not my Boyfriend. Why do you want to meet him?

Mom: I just do.

Daughter: Well I don't want you to. Just forget that. I'm not that into bringing home guys to meet you, that's all.

Mom: Well, if you plan to continue to live here- get into it!

Daughter: No way!

Mom: If you want to live here- you will.

Daughter: What? Are you going to throw me out just because I won't bring home my new friend?

Mom: Yes.

Daughter: Ha ha Mom. Get real. As long as I'm clean, and working, you are not going to throw me out. I don't know why you say idiotic things like that.

Mom: I mean it.

Daughter: Sure you do. Like I mean it when I say I'm going to be on American Idol. I kinda mean it - or I mean that I wish I could do it- but I know I'm not really ever going to do that.

Mom: You think you know me pretty well.

Daughter: Mom, apparently I know you better than you know you. But not to worry Mom. I won't let you down this time- I can stay clean this time- hey, relapse is part of recovery and I had to have at least one- I think it's made me a better person. Don't you?


Disclaimer: These are never exactly the way they happened in group. I never thought of that stuff about American Idol till right now but it fits. This role-play is inspired by the one we did in group. Have an idea or question after readin this? Leave a comment. If you are thinking it, other people are thinking it too. Thanks very much to the parent who provided this scenario.
http://www.wikihow.com/Image:30thdinner---now-listen-4945.jpg

No comments:

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.