Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Celebration & Thanks - a letter from Wilma
Posted by:Jenn--Monday, May 13, 2013


Celebration:
Regardless of how many mistakes your child has made (& continues to make), it's important to recognize and celebrate the successes!  

Thanks:
A simple thank you can really brighten someone’s day!  If someone has provided you with exemplary service, you might want to consider an old-fashioned thank you note, as Wilma did below. 
 

This is a letter I sent to the Director of the youth half-way house where my son, Bam Bam, lived from October 2012 to April 2013.  I have used pseudonyms for all parties.  He was the first resident to successfully complete the program since June 2012!!

My son, Bam Bam Flintstone, recently, SUCCESSFULLY, completed the program at Bedrock’s Youth house. This was an amazing accomplishment for Bam. During his stay he had many struggles and there were times I wasn't sure if he was going to make it.


His therapist was Penny Proud.  Penny is a wonderful, knowledgeable therapist, and her no-nonsense approach, compassion and warmth were instrumental to Bam’s success.  I got to know Penny as we had many family therapy sessions.  She was always available whenever I had questions and concerns. I liked and appreciated her directness when discussing the various issues we explored in our sessions and she was always respectful and compassionate.  I could also see that she and Bam had good rapport.  He was comfortable approaching Penny whenever he felt he needed to discuss something and I am so grateful for that.


My husband, Fred, and I were present at Bam's quartz stone ceremony.  Penny spoke and we were very moved with her kind and encouraging words.  We also were impressed and touched with the comments each boy made to Bam as they went around the circle.  We discovered that the kind and loving boy that we had seen very little of in the last three years was still inside Bam.  And we are thankful to Penny for being instrumental in bringing him back.  He still has work to do.  However, with Penny's help he has tools and techniques to help him with this next stage of his journey.


Penny is a valuable asset to your team and our family has been fortunate to have the opportunity to work with her.

Thank you.
Wilma Flintstone

No comments:

Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.