Quote of the Week


"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



Lloyd is Retiring!
Posted by:Jenn--Monday, October 12, 2015

Even when you know a change has been coming for some time, somehow it’s still a mini-shock when the change actually happens.

Lloyd has decided to retire, and this Saturday will be his last PSST meeting (Greentree).  We invite all PSST parents, current & past, to come to our meeting on Saturday at 9am to wish Lloyd our congratulations & best wishes in this new & exciting stage of his life’s journey.


P.S.  There will be cake, of course!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Greetings Lloyd !

It has been 5 years since we put our son Herman in rehab ( where he was the only one there not court ordered)and the director told me " this would be more meaningful if your son had a P.O." ( side note the acronym P.O.meant pi#*ed off & that I was, so bonus) After googling "getting your child a P.O." I discovered the PSST website the rest was history.

I am a much better parent because of the skills I have learned at PSST, especially through the role play, many of which were personalized to my specific crisis of the week.I also learned not to put the "cart before the horse" and my tendency to catastrophize situations.

As far as Herman presently, he is almost a junior in college majoring in B.S. (haha to BS how apropos) Business Administration. His QPA is higher than than any QPA he ever earned in high school. He is 22 and his behaviors are no different, except he is no longer violent, although he still brings up being angry that we "had him locked up"

There was a time when I wondered whether all the probation, placements, and home contracts were worth it. Upon reflection the answer was YES. There was no other way to save our family, which was in crisis,

So to say thank you seems trite and pedestrian, but these words come from the heart so-

Thank you Lloyd

Jessica, Roger and family






Credits

This layout (edited by Ken) made by and copyright cmbs.